Established in 2017, REIT/BASE® is an online database service that provides historical financial data for public real estate investment trusts (REITs). Do you need help keeping up with the REIT market? Are you spending too much time maintaining individual spreadsheets? Let REIT/BASE do the work for you!
- Industry Coverage – REIT/BASE covers over 90 U.S. REITs from all major property categories. From shopping centers to data centers, our coverage list includes most of the REITs in the S&P 500 and S&P MidCap 400 indexes, as well as a growing number of small-cap issuers. Please click here to see the coverage list.
- Quality Data – REIT/BASE sources data from public documents including company earnings releases, analyst supplementals, and regulatory filings with the SEC. Data are then organized into familiar “spreadsheet style” financial tables that provide a convenient way to view and access standard GAAP items for both annual and quarterly reporting periods.
- Easy to Use – The REIT/BASE web site is completely menu-driven so you can get the data or reports you need fast. No complicated tutorials or command functions to remember – just login and go! Access is completely flexible through desktop, laptop or smart-phone.
- Timeliness – REIT/BASE is updated each quarter as earnings are released to the public, and as companies complete their regulatory filings with the SEC. Our goal is to capture most data within 24 hours of publication, although delays may occur on peak release dates. In addition, our securities database is updated daily based on announced debt and preferred stock offerings, and on related documentation filings with the SEC.
- Report Options – REIT/BASE has multiple ways for you to get information in the format that meets your needs – individual screen pages, company reports, and property sector reports. All tables displayed on the website can be quickly downloaded to Microsoft® Excel or printed as single-page reports. Advanced users can extract real-time data for individual companies or entire periods directly from the database using our API.
- Getting Started – Individual investors and research analysts can subscribe to REIT/BASE for $9.99 per month. To subscribe, click here. REIT/BASE also offers annual site license subscriptions to corporate and institutional accounts. For further information, please contact us here.
Data & Analytics – Scott O’Shea is an experienced financial analyst with 25 years covering the U.S. REIT sector. Scott founded the REIT ratings group at Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co. in the early 1990’s, covered the fixed-income REIT sector at Deutsche Bank Securities, and was a REIT portfolio manager at NorthStar Realty Finance Co. Scott is a graduate of Drew University in Madison, NJ.
Technology – Michael Bedrosian brings over 30 years of database design and IT management to REIT/BASE, including 12 years as the head of Information Systems at a major Philadelphia health care agency. Notably, Michael was the principal architect behind a successful 1990’s REIT database project implemented for a major financial services firm. Michael is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in chemical engineering.